Medical Gas Basics [ASSE 6005], Online (Live Webinar), December 1-3
This class is conducted by an ASSE 6050 Medical Gas Instructor, intended for any person with an interest in medical gas and vacuum systems and equipment, and meets the requirements of completing twenty-four (24) hours of training covering basic facets of piped medical gas and medical-surgical vacuum systems. NFPA 99 and ASSE 6005 documents are provided and used in this course to provide general knowledge of medical gas and vacuum systems.
For National accreditation: After completion of this course, a separate exam must be scheduled (at an additional cost) at a PSI location near you, or conducted by a National Inspection, Testing, and Certification Corporation (NITC) Proctor at your location, then graded by NITC. Upon a passing grade, the student would receive a National ASSE 6005 Medical Gas Generalist accreditation.
If a National accreditation is not needed, the NITC exam (and associated additional costs) would not be required. A Winn’s CE Medical Gas Generalist certificate would be issued instead, at no additional cost.
Note: This certification does not qualify a person to install, maintain, repair, verify, inspect, or replace Med Gas systems. Additional certifications or licenses are required for those activities.
This course is excellent as an introduction to Medical Gas systems, as well as Estimating or Construction Superintendent personnel, etc. It is also approved for 2.40 CEU credits (Preferred Provider) by the International Code Council, Course #25457.
- December 1-3 (Tue-Thu)
- 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET
- Instructor Is Scott Winn
- 5 Minimum to Confirm Course
- Deadline for registering is 1 week prior to class start date
What Are The Technology Requirements For Live Courses Online?
Ours is a truly interactive learning environment which requires up-to-date technology to work properly:
- Each participant should have their own account/login to access the course, download materials & record completion.
- Each participant should have basic computer proficiency and have tested logging into their account & course.
- The course should be accessed via a computer, laptop or tablet (not phone).
- The computer should have a functioning microphone, speaker, webcam, and internet access.
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat will be required to view the downloaded course materials.
- The Zoom app will be used for our live portion of the course (download & test here).
How Does A Live Online Course Work & What Should I Do?
- If you haven't already, click the "Login" button at the upper right and create your online account.
- Register and prepay for the course on this page (all online courses require prepayment).
- For Med Gas CE, ASSE, Residential & Commercial Code, we will mail required texts before the course.
- You should access the course and download the materials (if applicable) to be covered well before the course.
- On the day of your scheduled online course, login approximately 15 minutes beforehand and launch the "live lecture."
- You will be asked to interact with the instructor throughout the course (with breaks) in order to obtain course credit.
- If it is a required credit course (versus an optional prep or development course):
- Your certificate will be available for download in your account (My Achievements) shortly after the course completion.
- Your completion will be electronically reported to the appropriate regulatory agency within two days (if applicable).
Full Course Details
This course includes the topics required for ASSE 6005 certification.
Each topic is covered from a technically accurate perspective as well as one of practical application.
Our instructors are ASSE 6050 nationally certified medical gas instructors with extensive practical experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics will we cover?
- NFPA 99 (Current Edition)
- Referenced Publications
- Gas & Vacuum Systems
Does this course have any certificates?
Yes, participants will receive a signed completion certificate at the conclusion of the course.
How long will the course last?
This course includes 24 contact hours scheduled across three full days.
Will I have instructor interaction?
Yes! Even though this course is delivered online, it is live and built upon extensive interaction with the instructor as well as other participants.
Thanks for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity.