Commercial Code (S2), Online (Live Webinar), December 10-11
At our request, the TSBPE has temporarily allowed Live Online Virtual Webinars for the delivery of most required courses as a result of physical meeting limitations from the Coronavirus pandemic.
Over the previous year, Winn’s CE had invested heavily in online capabilities for the future and we are pleased to offer our clients a true online interactive experience which includes seeing and speaking with your instructor, being able to ask questions verbally or via the course chat function, being able to download the course materials beforehand, and all from the comfort of your home or office.
- December 10-11 (Thu-Fri)
- 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
This course provides the Commercial Plumbing Code (18 hours) requirement for the Journeyman Texas plumbing exam. The full licensing requirements are summarized here.
Participants receive an exclusive edition of the ICC Plumbing Code Essentials based on the International Plumbing Code, as well as our proprietary supplemental study material.
This course is also approved for 1.80 CEU credits (Preferred Provider) by the International Code Council, Course #17190.
What Are The Technology Requirements For Live Courses Online?
Ours is a truly interactive learning environment which requires up-to-date technology to work properly:
- Each participant should have their own account/login to access the course, download materials & record completion.
- Each participant should have basic computer proficiency and have tested logging into their account & course.
- The course should be accessed via a computer, laptop or tablet (not phone).
- The computer should have a functioning microphone, speaker, webcam, and internet access.
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat will be required to view the downloaded course materials.
- The Zoom app will be used for our live portion of the course (download & test here).
How Does A Live Online Course Work & What Should I Do?
- If you haven't already, click the "Login" button at the upper right and create your online account.
- Register and prepay for the course on this page (all online courses require prepayment).
- For Med Gas CE, ASSE, Residential & Commercial Code, we will mail required texts before the course.
- You should access the course and download the materials (if applicable) to be covered well before the course.
- On the day of your scheduled online course, login approximately 15 minutes beforehand and launch the "live lecture."
- You will be asked to interact with the instructor throughout the course (with breaks) in order to obtain course credit.
- If it is a required credit course (versus an optional prep or development course):
- Your certificate will be available for download in your account (My Achievements) shortly after the course completion.
- Your completion will be electronically reported to the appropriate regulatory agency within two days (if applicable).
Full Course Details
This course has been approved by the State of Texas for 18 of the hours required for the Journeyman Plumbing exam.
The content of this course is defined by state regulations as a systematic path toward licensing, not primarily for exam prep.
Our instructors are experienced Master Plumbers & Inspectors who are specially trained to lead professional education courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics will we cover?
- General Plumbing Regulations
- Plumbing Fixtures & Fittings
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect Wastes
- Traps & Interceptors
- Storm Drainage
- Fuel Gas Piping
- Accessibility Standards
- Water & Energy Conservation
Does this course have any certificates?
Yes, participants will receive a signed completion certificate and attendance is electronically reported within two days. Besides credit for Texas plumbing licenses (TSBPE), this course is approved for International Code Council certifications (Winn’s CE is an ICC Preferred Provider).
How long will the course last?
This course includes two, nine hour days to meet the 18 hour requirements as efficiently as possible.
What if I have a criminal conviction?
Anyone pursuing an occupational license (i.e. plumbing) is hereby notified:
- Past criminal convictions may impact your eligibility for issuance of a license.
- The general guidelines are issued under Section 53 of the Occupations Code.
- TSBPE specific guidance may be found in the current Board Rules.
- Applicants have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter (see Sec 53.102).
Download Course Materials (Comm Code)
Participate in Live Online Course (Comm Code)
Ask Questions & Submit Course (Comm Code)
Thanks for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity.