Medical Gas Installer [ASSE 6010], Online (Live Webinar), March 1-4
This course is conducted by an ASSE 6050 accredited Medical Gas Instructor, and designed to meet the requirements of NFPA 99 for anyone installing Medical Gas Systems nationwide, by providing thirty two (32) hours of training in the installation of Medical Gas and Vacuum systems. NFPA 99 and ASSE 6010 documents are provided and used in this course.
After completion of this 32 hr course the student would need to schedule a separate exam (at an additional cost) at a PSI location near you, or conducted by a National Inspection, Testing, and Certification Corporation (NITC) Proctor at your location (at an additional cost), then graded by NITC. In addition, brazing test “coupons” must be performed in front of an Authorized Representative of your company. A form witnessing the braze tests must be completed and sent with the braze coupons to NITC for braze inspection and grading. Upon a passing grade of both the written and brazing test, the student would receive a National ASSE 6010 Medical Gas Systems Installer accreditation.
This certification is good in any US state recognizing ASSE 6010. MANY STATES DO NOT RECOGNIZE THIS CERTIFICATION, AND MAY REQUIRE STATE SPECIFIC TRAINING AND/OR LICENSING. CHECK WITH YOUR AUTHORITY HAVING JURISDICTION FOR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS CERTIFICATION TO INSTALL MEDICAL GAS SYSTEMS.
NOTE: Installation DOES NOT include Med Gas Maintenance, Inspection, or Verification. Those activities require separate licensing per National, State, and/or Local Authority.
This course is approved for 3.20 CEU credits (Preferred Provider) by the International Code Council, Course #25459.
- March 1-4 (Mon-Thu)
- 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM EASTERN
- Instructor Is Scott Winn
- 5 Minimum to Confirm Course
- Deadline for registering is 1 week prior to class start date
What Are The Technology Requirements For Live Courses Online?
Ours is a truly interactive learning environment which requires up-to-date technology to work properly:
- Each participant should have their own account/login to access the course, download materials & record completion.
- Each participant should have basic computer proficiency and have tested logging into their account & course.
- The course should be accessed via a computer, laptop or tablet (not phone).
- The computer should have a functioning microphone, speaker, webcam, and internet access.
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat will be required to view the downloaded course materials.
- The Zoom app will be used for our live portion of the course (download & test here).
How Does A Live Online Course Work & What Should I Do?
- If you haven't already, click the "Login" button at the upper right and create your online account.
- Register and prepay for the course on this page (all online courses require prepayment).
- For Med Gas CE, ASSE, Residential & Commercial Code, we will mail required texts before the course.
- You should access the course and download the materials (if applicable) to be covered well before the course.
- On the day of your scheduled online course, login approximately 15 minutes beforehand and launch the "live lecture."
- You will be asked to interact with the instructor throughout the course (with breaks) in order to obtain course credit.
- If it is a required credit course (versus an optional prep or development course):
- Your certificate will be available for download in your account (My Achievements) shortly after the course completion.
- Your completion will be electronically reported to the appropriate regulatory agency within two days (if applicable).
Full Course Details
This course includes the topics required for ASSE 6010 certification.
The content of this course is defined by state regulations as a systematic path toward proficiency in medical gas installation.
Our instructors are ASSE 6050 nationally certified medical gas instructors with extensive practical experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics will we cover?
- ASSE 6010
- NFPA 99 (Current Edition)
- Referenced Publications
- Gas & Vacuum Systems
- Hyperbaric Facilities
Does this course have any certificates?
Yes, participants will receive a signed completion certificate at the conclusion of the course.
How long will the course last?
This course includes 32 contact hours scheduled across four full days.
Will I have instructor interaction?
Yes! Even though this course is delivered online, it is live and built upon extensive interaction with the instructor as well as other participants.
Thanks for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity.