Commercial Code (S2), Irving, May 6-7
This course provides the Commercial Plumbing Code (18 hours) requirement for the Journeyman Texas plumbing exam. The full licensing requirements are summarized here.
Participants receive an exclusive edition of the ICC Plumbing Code Essentials based on the International Plumbing Code, as well as our proprietary supplemental study material.
This course is also approved for 1.80 CEU credits (Preferred Provider) by the International Code Council, Course #17190.
Full Course Details
This course has been approved by the State of Texas for 18 of the hours required for the Journeyman Plumbing exam.
The content of this course is defined by state regulations as a systematic path toward licensing, not primarily for exam prep.
Our instructors are experienced Master Plumbers & Inspectors who are specially trained to lead professional education courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics will we cover?
- General Plumbing Regulations
- Plumbing Fixtures & Fittings
- Water Heaters
- Water Supply & Distribution
- Sanitary Drainage
- Indirect Wastes
- Traps & Interceptors
- Storm Drainage
- Fuel Gas Piping
- Accessibility Standards
- Water & Energy Conservation
Does this course have any certificates?
Yes, participants will receive a signed completion certificate and attendance is electronically reported within two days. Besides credit for Texas plumbing licenses (TSBPE), this course is approved for International Code Council certifications (Winn’s CE is an ICC Preferred Provider).
How long will the course last?
This course includes two, nine hour days to meet the 18 hour requirements as efficiently as possible.
What if I have a criminal conviction?
Anyone pursuing an occupational license (i.e. plumbing) is hereby notified:
- Past criminal convictions may impact your eligibility for issuance of a license.
- The general guidelines are issued under Section 53 of the Occupations Code.
- TSBPE specific guidance may be found in the current Board Rules.
- Applicants have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter (see Sec 53.102).
Thanks for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity.