Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester, Big Spring, May 24-28
TCEQ Course 1200 (Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester, with Practical Skills) providing the required 40 hours of training for the BPAT license as well as the practical “hands-on” exam administered at the conclusion of the course.
For those already licensed, attending only the first 4 days (no exam) of this course provides Continuing Education credits (including 8 hours of “hands-on”) related to the following licenses:
32-hours, Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers
12-hours, Water and Wastewater Operators
12-hours, Landscape Irrigators (LI)
12-hours, Customer Service Inspectors (CSI)
12-hours, Water Treatment Specialists
Additionally, this course may be used for 100 hours of training credit toward the Plumbing Inspector license (TSBPE).
We encourage you to visit the TCEQ for the full licensing rules.
This course is also approved for 4.0 CEU credits (Preferred Provider) by the International Code Council, Course # 26554.
- May 24-28 (Mon-Fri)
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Instructor Is Mark Winn (with Rick Miller)
- 5 Minimum to Confirm Course
- Winn’s CE West Texas Office
- Winn’s CE Office at 1102 S Moss Lake Rd in Big Spring
- Map & Directions
Full Course Details
This course has been approved by the State of Texas for the 40 hours required to pursue the Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester license.
The content of this course is defined by state regulations as a systematic path toward licensing, not primarily for exam prep.
Based on their experience and personal licensing, our instructors are approved by the TCEQ for leading this course.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics will we cover?
- Definitions & Hydraulics
- Cross-Connection Control History
- Cross-Connection Control Programs
- Cross-Connection Control Surveys
- Cross-Connection Control Facilities
- Equipment & Systems
- Field Test Procedures
- Backflow Incidents
- Hands-on Application
Does this course have any certificates?
Yes, participants will receive a signed completion certificate and attendance is electronically reported to the TCEQ. Besides TCEQ credit, this course is approved for International Code Council certifications (Winn’s CE is an ICC Preferred Provider).
How long will the course last?
This course includes 40 contact hours scheduled across 5 full days. Only 4 days are required for CE credit (no hands-on exam).
What if I have a criminal conviction?
Anyone pursuing an occupational license in Texas is hereby notified:
- Past criminal convictions may impact your eligibility for issuance of a license.
- The general guidelines are issued under Section 53 of the Occupations Code.
- TCEQ specific guidance may be found on the TCEQ website.
- Applicants have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter (see Sec 53.102).
Thanks for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity.