Medical Gas Inspector [ASSE 6020], Online (Live Webinar), February 7-9
This course is conducted by an ASSE 6050 Medical Gas Instructor, and designed to meet the requirements of NFPA 99 for anyone performing Inspections on Medical Gas Systems nationwide, by providing twenty four (24) hours of training covering all facets of piped medical gas and medical-surgical vacuum systems. NFPA 99 and ASSE 6020 documents are provided and used in this course to review knowledge needed for the proper Inspection of medical gas and vacuum systems.
To complete this National accreditation, this course would be followed by scheduling a separate exam (at an additional cost), at a PSI location near you, or conducted by a National Inspection, Testing, and Certification Corporation (NITC) Proctor (at an additional cost) at your location, then graded by NITC. Upon a passing grade, the student would receive a National ASSE 6020 Medical Gas Inspector accreditation.
A person must have adequate training in the Medical Gas Inspection business before applying for this course and exam.
Note: Inspection DOES NOT include installing, cutting into, repairing, replacing, Verifying, and/or brazing Med Gas piping. Those activities require specific licensing per your individual State and/or Local Authority. Your local Authorities may also have separate requirements for Inspecting medical gas systems. Check with your Authorities.
This course is approved for 2.40 CEU credits (Preferred Provider) by the International Code Council, Course #25460.
- February 7-9 (Mon-Wed)
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CT
- Instructor Is Scott Winn
- 5 Minimum to Confirm Course
- Deadline for registering is 1 week prior to class start date
What Are The Technology Requirements For Live Courses Online?
The following requirements protect the integrity and regulatory approval of our interactive learning environments:
- Each participant must have their own account/login to access the course, download materials & record completion.
- Each participant must have basic computer proficiency and have tested logging into their account & course.
- The course must be accessed via a computer, laptop or tablet (phones are not acceptable).
- The device utilized must have a functioning microphone, speaker, webcam, and internet access.
- Participants must be visible at all times in a quiet, stationary location (not driving or attending other events).
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat will be required to view the downloaded course materials.
- The Zoom app will be used for our live portion of the course (download & test here).
How Does A Live Online Course Work & What Should I Do?
- If you haven't already, click the "Login" button at the upper right and create your online account.
- Register and prepay for the course on this page (all online courses require prepayment).
- For Med Gas CE, ASSE, Residential & Commercial Code, we will mail required texts before the course.
- You should access the course and download the materials (if applicable) to be covered well before the course.
- On the day of your scheduled online course, login approximately 15 minutes beforehand and launch the "live lecture."
- You will be asked to interact with the instructor throughout the course (with breaks) in order to obtain course credit.
- If it is a required credit course (versus an optional prep or development course):
- Your certificate will be available for download in your account (My Achievements) shortly after the course completion.
- Your completion will be electronically reported to the appropriate regulatory agency within two days (if applicable).
Full Course Details
This course includes the topics required for ASSE 6020 certification.
Each topic is covered from a technically accurate perspective as well as one of practical application.
Our instructors are ASSE 6050 nationally certified medical gas instructors with extensive practical experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics will we cover?
- ASSE Series 6000 Standard
- NFPA 99 (Current Edition)
- Referenced Publications
- Gas & Vacuum Systems
Does this course have any certificates?
Yes, participants will receive a signed completion certificate at the conclusion of the course.
How long will the course last?
This course includes 24 contact hours scheduled across three full days.
Will I have instructor interaction?
Yes! Even though this course is delivered online, it is live and built upon extensive interaction with the instructor as well as other participants.
Thanks for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity.