Residential Code & OSHA (S1), San Antonio N/Schertz, March 27-28
This course is a combination of the Residential Plumbing Code (8 hour) and OSHA Safety (10 hour) requirements for the Tradesman and Journeyman Texas plumbing exams. The full licensing requirements are summarized here.
Participants receive an exclusive edition of the International Residential Code plumbing & fuel gas chapters, our proprietary supplemental study material, as well as their permanent OSHA 10 card. The OSHA portion of the course is split over two days as required by federal regulations. If you only need one portion of the course (OSHA or Residential Code), contact us for a discounted rate of $200 to attend only that portion.
This course is also approved for 1.80 CEU credits (Preferred Provider) by the International Code Council, Course #17189.
- March 27-28 (Mon-Tue)
- 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Schedule of Topics:
- Residential Code (8 hours), AM of Day 1, PM of Day 2
- OSHA (10 hours), PM of Day 1, AM of Day 2
- Instructor Is Clyde Turner
- 5 Minimum to Confirm Course
- Staybridge Suites
- 5601 Schertz Pkwy in Schertz
- Map & Directions
Full Course Details
This course has been approved by the State of Texas for 18 of the hours required for the Tradesman & Journeyman Plumbing exams.
The content of this course is defined by state regulations as a systematic path toward licensing, not primarily for exam prep.
Our instructors are experienced Master Plumbers & Inspectors who are specially trained to lead professional education courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What topics will we cover?
- OSHA Safety
- Intro to OSHA
- Focus Four Hazards
- PPE & Lifesaving Equipment
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Stairways & Ladders
- Hazardous Materials
- Industrial Hygiene & Blood Born Pathogens
- Residential Plumbing Code
- Construction Drawings, Math & Diagrams
- IRC Fuel Gas
- IRC General Plumbing Requirements
- IRC Fixtures & Water Heaters
- IRC Water Supply & Distribution
- IRC Sanitary Drainage & Vents
- IRC Traps
Does this course have any certificates?
Yes, participants will receive a signed completion certificate and attendance is electronically reported within two days. Besides credit for Texas plumbing licenses (TSBPE), this course is approved for International Code Council certifications (Winn’s CE is an ICC Preferred Provider).
How long will the course last?
This course includes two, nine hour days to meet the 18 hour requirements as efficiently as possible.
What if I have a criminal conviction?
Anyone pursuing an occupational license (i.e. plumbing) is hereby notified:
- Past criminal convictions may impact your eligibility for issuance of a license.
- The general guidelines are issued under Section 53 of the Occupations Code.
- TSBPE specific guidance may be found in the current Board Rules.
- Applicants have the right to request a criminal history evaluation letter (see Sec 53.102).
Thanks for allowing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity.