Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT/TCEQ)
Anyone wishing to obtain the Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT) license from the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) must meet the following requirements (see the TCEQ website for full details):
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Work at least two years in an approved area
- Complete a 40-hour training course (#1200), including a “hands-on” exam
- Pass a written exam at TCEQ or a proctored computer-based facility
Our BPAT courses scheduled below are approved for the 40-hour training and hands-on exam requirement.
In addition, theses same courses may be used to obtain the following credits:
- 32-hours of CE for licensed Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers
- If taking for renewal credit, TCEQ requires 4 days (32 hours)
- This includes the 8 hours of “hands-on” required for renewal
- Not required to take the 5th day which is the hands-on exam
- TCEQ recognizes this as Course Code #1206
- 100 hours toward Plumbing Inspector license (TSBPE)
- TSBPE rules require completion of the certification program
- This requires all 5 days, including the “hands-on” exam
- Not required to apply for BPAT or take the TCEQ written exam
- 12-hours CE for licensed Water and Wastewater Operators
- 12-hours of CE for licensed Landscape Irrigators (LI)
- 12-hours of CE for licensed Customer Service Inspectors (CSI)
- 12-hours of CE for licensed Water Treatment Specialists
- 4.0 CEUs (Preferred Provider) for the International Code Council
As required by TCEQ, our course is based on the University of Southern California (USC) 10th Edition Manual of Cross-Connection Control, a copy of which is provided to each course participant. Our courses are being added throughout the state and taught by instructors approved by TCEQ based on their experience and personal licensing.
Due to the requirement for hands-on training and examination, this course is only approved for live (rather than online) delivery.
Please select from the upcoming course options below!
(Published 2-3 Months In Advance)
“I want to thank you and your brothers for what you guys do for the plumbing industry, I started taking my CE classes with your dad and I will continue to take all of my classes with you guys.”
Texas Licensed Plumber
Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester (BPAT)
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester, Irving, April 26-30 (0 seats left)
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester, Big Spring, May 24-28 (4 seats left)
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester, New Braunfels, June 7-11 (10 seats left)