Whether you have lost your job or are on the front lines of ongoing service calls, our prayers continue for your health and financial provision. We are still serving plumbing professionals every day and are thankful for the understanding and support being expressed by our clients during this unprecedented time.
UPDATED MARCH 26TH
As things change daily, we will update this page to keep our clients updated on our actions and those of the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners. Please check back often and we will update it anytime something of significance changes.
Winn’s CE Actions:
We are currently converting all scheduled April courses to Live Virtual Online Webinars!
We will notify everyone previously scheduled with the details & still recommend correspondence courses for CE.
This ensures our clients are not stranded & we will resume live courses as soon as possible.
- Suspended all live (in person) courses through April 15th with further extension possible based on the Coronavirus near-term spread.
- Requested renewal extensions for our clients with Texas plumbing licenses as well as approval to offer online virtual courses during this period of restricted public gatherings (see TSBPE actions below).
- Offering to transfer any live Continuing Education registration to a mailed correspondence course (with optional online completion) and lowered the cost of all current year correspondence courses.
- Launching live online virtual webinars beginning in early April for CE, Med Gas CE, Residential & Commercial Code courses for licensing, Residential Fire Sprinkler & Water Supply Protection endorsements.
- Will resume live courses as soon as we believe it is prudent/acceptable for the health of our clients and instructors (as well as their families).
Our courses of up to 45 attendees are very different environments from one-on-one interactions in the field and this is uncharted territory for sure. We want to do all we can to serve our clients responsibly. Because we are experiencing a high call volume, please consider emailing us (Info@WinnsCE.com) so we may respond as quickly as possible. As always, we look forward to serving you and appreciate your understanding through this current health challenge.
- Extended licenses and registrations expiring March 31st until May 31st and requested municipalities recognize this fact by allowing permits and inspections in spite of expired license expirations during this timeframe.
- Postponed ALL exams scheduled for March 23rd through April 17th.
- Postponed all Medical Gas Installation Examinations from March 20th through April 4th.
- Cancelled all remote location (non-Austin) examinations through May 31st.
- Allowed Medical Gas Continuing Education to be offered via correspondence course again.
- Temporarily allowed (until further notice) most required training courses via LIVE VIRTUAL classroom with a 15 person limit (Plumbing & Med Gas CE, Residential Code, Commercial Code, Fire Sprinkler, and WSPS). This does not include OSHA 10, the Med Gas Installation Endorsement, or the Responsible Master Plumber course (see below).
- Temporarily waived the RMP course requirement for Responsible Master Plumber applications but it may still be offered & taken via LIVE VIRTUAL classroom.
- Correspondence CE is allowed to count toward the Tradesman exam qualifications (instead of requiring a live course) and only one CE is required for the Journeyman instead of two.
- Exam applications are being accepted if the applicant’s on-the-job experience hours are complete even if they have not been able to obtain the 24 or 48 hours of courses due to the suspensions of live courses (expecting they will be offered and completed by the scheduled exam date).
- Working on computer based testing through a 3rd party to assist with eventual recovery.
[Constructive comments worthy of licensed professionals are welcomed below.]